Piezoelectric Motor Ultrasonic Motor
TEKCELEO-patented WAVELLING™ piezomotors technology uses piezoelectric or ultrasonic progressive wave principle. This technology offers a high power-to-weight ratio combined with high efficiency for ultrasonic motors or piezoelectric motor. TEKCELEO has developed a range of ultrasonic motors or piezoelectric motors with embedded speed/position sensors and torque sensors, resulting in outstanding properties for lightweight robotics, haptic interfaces, piezoelectric miniature pumps, piezoelectric miniature valves and for piezoelectric actuators for optronics or optomechanical applications.
Ultrasonic motors characteristics
- Ultrasonic motors compete with stepper motors
- Lightweight, compact design, pancake piezomotors
- High torque-low speed without reducer (direct drive-no backlash)
- No-power supplied high holding torque (no brake and no clutch)
- No electromagnetic disturbances (non-magnetic ultrasonic motors)
- Totally silent and vibration free piezoelectric motors (out of audio band)
- Modular design: it can be fitted into the very core of your mechanism
- Built-in precision capability: < 0.01° (depends on the embedded sensors)
- High controllability (mechanical time response #1ms, stepless, no backlash)
- Operating temperature (-20 +120°C) (option -40 +150°C)
Piezoelectric Motors Applications
- Adjustment and locking: Regulation of gas or liquid flows, adjustments of equipment (seats, head rests, ergonomic devices, screens), silent locking/unlocking
- Luminous flux control: Control of light beams (LED, mirrors, etc.)
- Optronics and optomechanics: Alignment of optical systems, optical autofocus (cameras), video camera gimbal (support/stabilisation), laser beam control, filter changer, goniometer orientation, video camera gimbal
- Humanoid robots: Actuators for expressive robots (actroids), small articulation movement or prosthetics
- Light robotics and surgical robots: Multi-axis robotic arms (torque control), robotic arms with force feedback (haptic) and torque controlled, positioning of probes (MRI compatible)
- Piezovalves and mini pumps: Energy-efficient multi-way piezovalves, mini metered dosing pumps (pipetting, precise distribution, drop on demand, mini fluidics, etc.)
- Positioning and active vibration control: Motorisation of Table XY, hexapods, actuators for active vibration control
OUR PRODUCTS: A range of Ultrasonic MotorsOur range of piezoelectric motors is based on 5 types of dimensions and mechanical output powers from diameter 20 mm to 75 mm and respectively 0.7W to 12W. These piezoelectric motors feature original properties given by embedded speed/position/torque sensors. The integration of the sensors into the structure of the motors is innovative and patented. Currently, WLG-20, WLG-30 et WLG-75 piezomotors are on presale:
BUY ONE OF OUR “OFF THE SHELF” PIEZOELECTRIC MOTORS.For further more technical information (dimensions, power, speed, torque, electronic driver…), please click on the PIEZOELECTRIC MOTOR DATA SHEET button.
SEND US YOUR REQUIREMENTOnce we have analysed your requirement and specifications, depending on feasibility we will either :
- Suggest one of our off-the-shelf products (with the option of further customisation).
- Offer a fully bespoke development service with support through to the industrialisation phase.